52 contestants vie for Miss Universe Philippines 2020
|The Miss Universe Philippines 2020 contestants pose for photos during the red carpet press presentation held at The Manila Hotel.|
Fifty-two (52) ladies from all over the country were formally presented to the press, sponsors and VIPs during the red carpet press presentation last February 14 at the Manila Hotel’s Maynila Ballroom.
The ladies were carefully chosen by the Miss Universe Philippines Organization from those who submitted online and nominated by the Accredited Partners (AP).
The new Miss Universe Philippines pageant will embodies a strong commitment in promoting three key pillars: Beautiful Transformation, Beyond the Coastlines, and Inspiring Women with Action.
In an interview, the pageant’s National Director Shamcey Supsup said she is very much excited with the contestants’ transformation.
"I am super happy. I am very much honored that we were able to find amazing women all around the Philippines to take part in this journey of finding the first ever Miss Universe Philippines”, said Shamcey Supsup-Lee.
“I am amazed kasi I saw some of them during the screening and parang ngayon palang may transformation na. What more after the two-months of preparation for the ultimate pageant. There’s so many things we can do pa”, added Supsup.
|The officials of Miss Universe Philippines Organization together with the official candidates.|
The coronation night will be on May 3 at the SM MOA Arena.
Supsup also reveals future plan of the pageant.
“We really want to transform the girls and train them. What we plan is that we will not just train the winner, we will train all of them. They are all gonna be prepared if ever any one of them wins. They will gonna be prepared for the Miss Universe pageant”, said Supsup.
Here is the list of the 52 official candidates:
• Christelle Abello, Aklan
• Paula Ortega, Albay
• Christine Nicole Silvernale, Angeles City
• Joecel Robenta, Antique
• Princess Marquez, Aurora
• Bea Theresa Maynigo, Baguio City
• Jan Alexis Elcano, Batanes
• Nathalia Urcia, Batangas
• Skelly Ivy Florida, Biliran
• Pauline Amelinckx, Bohol
• Dianella Louise Loya, Bulacan
• Vincy Valcalares, Cagayan De Oro
• Maria Danica Reynes, Cagayan Province
• Krizzia Lynn Moreno, Camarine Sur
• Mariam Lara Hamid, Capiz
• Sigrid Grace Flores, Catanduanes
• Kimberly Hakenson, Cavite
• Tracy Maureen Perez, Cebu City
• Apriel Smith, Province of Cebu
• Alaiza Malinao, Davao City
• We'am Ahmed, Davao Del Norte
• Mariel Joyce Pascua, General Santos
• Maria Regina Malana, Isabela
• Adelma P. Benedicta, Ilocos Sur
• Rabiya Mateo, Iloilo City
• Kim Chi Crizaldo, IloIlo Province
• Noreen Mangawit, Kalinga
• Jo-Ann Flores, Laguna
• Trizha Ocampo, La Union
• Chiara Lyn Markwalder, Leyte
• Ivanna Kamil Pacis, Makati
• Alexandra Abdon, Manila
• Lou Dominique Piczon, Mandaue
• Maria Lianina Macalino, Marinduque
• Caroline Joy Veronilla, Misamis Oriental
• Maricres Castro, Muntinlupa
• Angela Aninang, Negros Occidental
• Adee Hitomi Ariate Akiyama, Oriental Mindoro
• Jennifer Linda, Palawan
• Patricia Mae Santos, Pampanga
• Maria Niña Soriano, Pangasinan
• Maria Ysabella Ysmael, Parañaque
• Zandra Nicole Sta. Maria, Pasay
• Riana Pangindian, Pasig City
• Michele Theresa Gumabao, Quezon City
• Faye Deveza, Quezon Province
• Ericka Evangelista, Rizal
• Maria Fee Tajaran, Romblon
• Maria Isabela Galeria, Sorsogon
• Carissa Rozil, Surigao del Norte
• Sandra Lemonon, Taguig
• Perlyn Y. Cayona, Zamboanga Del Sur